read the instructions for the section that pertains to you. To begin the
application click the long button at the bottom of the screen called
"Begin or continue application for Bloomsburg University".
The 2017 Application is now open.
- If you are applying to our nursing program, the
application deadline is December 1st. You must submit and complete
the application by that date. Final decisions will be made on or around
mid-to-late December. Nursing decisions are not made on a rolling basis.
- If you are currently in high school taking college
courses you should apply as a Freshman and select
"Yes" to questions #2. When you get to section 6, you will need
to report the college or university that you will be taking these courses
at. Remember to include the dates attended/attending, but you are not
required to select a degree earned/will earn. AP Classes are not
considered college courses and you should indicate "No" to question
- The application fee is $35.00 and can be paid with a
credit card or e-check. Students eligible for a fee waiver from College
Board, ACT, or NACAC may select the fee waiver option for payment. You
will then need to mail the form to the address in the section to the right
or fax it to 570-389-4741.
- Please have your high school transcripts and SAT scores
sent directly to us at the address in the section to the right. Your
transcripts must arrive in a sealed envelope or electronically through Parchment or Naviance. Your SAT scores can be on
the transcript or be sent directly from College Board (http://sat.collegeboard.org/scores).
- If you are applying to our nursing program, the
application deadline is March 1st. You must submit and complete the
application by that date. Final decisions will be made on or around
- For students with an associates degree in Nursing and
an RN License, you can apply for the online RN to BSN program here.
- If you have graduated from high school and are
currently enrolled at a university or community college you should apply
as a TRANSFER student.
- Transfer students must have OFFICIAL
transcripts sent from ALL previous colleges attended as well
as a final high school transcript (or GED) indicating a date of
graduation. If you have not yet completed 24 college credits you must also
have your SAT or ACT scores sent. All materials should be sent to the
address indicated in the "Contact Us" section.
- Transfer students who select the fee waiver option will
need to email a written request and explanation to email@example.com.
The Office of Admissions will review all fee waiver requests on a case by
Military or Veterans:
- Military or Veterans may select the fee waiver option
when submitting the application. You will then need to reach out to Ebony
Taylor, Military Liason for Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must pay the $60 online application fee with a
- Send the following materials to the address indicated
in the "Contact Information" section:
- An official Test of English as a Foreign Language
(TOEFL) if the applicant's native language is not English. Minimum
acceptable TOEFL score is 500 on the paper test, 173 on the computer, and
65 on the web-based.We will also accept official scores from the
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score
- Submit all official high school and/or college transcripts to an accredited evaluation agency for a translation into English and for course-by-course evaluation of college credits. Typically our students use World
Educational Services at www.wes.org
- A notarized financial statement to indicate ability to
finance educational and living expenses for the duration of the student's
college career. Financial statements must indicate USD and cover the
$32,696.00 annual cost.
- Note the following application deadlines for
- Summer semester - April 15
- Fall semester - June 30
- Spring semester - November 15
Conditional Admission Options:
- Students who score between a 5-6 on the IELTS Test may
be conditionally admitted to the university contingent upon the
completion of 6 credits of ESL within their first academic year of study.
- Students who score below a 5 on the IELTS Test may be
conditionally admitted to the university contingent upon successful
completion of non-credit full-time study at the ESOL Institute.
- Note: In order to be considered for conditional
admission, applicants must complete ALL other admission requirements
albeit the required IELTS or TOEFL score.
Bloomsburg University does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, ancestry, disability, or veteran status in its programs and
activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable
statutes and University policies.
- Annual Safety and Security Report
- Fire Safety Report
Bloomsburg University is committed
to assisting all members of the community in providing for their own safety and
security. The annual safety, security and crime statistics report as well as
the fire safety and fire statistics are available on BU's Annual Security report. This report includes
statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that
occurred on-campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or
controlled by Bloomsburg University or student organizations that are
officially recognized by the institution; and on public property within, or
immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also
includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies
concerning sexual assault and other matters. To obtain a printed copy of the
annual safety and security report or the fire safety report contact:
Bloomsburg University Police
400 East Second Street
Bloomsburg PA 17815-1301
Phone: (570) 389-4168 Fax: (570) 389-3075
Last updated: 3/7/2017 1:53PM PST